It's time for spring cleaning.
It's that time of the year again, spring cleaning. Even though it's one of our least favorite things to do it essential for keeping the home in good, clean condition. I've listed items below that usually don't get done in the usual cleaning routine. A lot of the dirt in our home we take for granted, seeing it every day makes us blind to it. Like the dark area on the inside of doors, usually near the know. That's not normal wear and tear to the door, that's dirt that can be easily wiped off.
- Dust lighting fixtures and clean lamp shades.
- Wash walls and baseboards. The kitchen walls are always the worst and all that is needed is a little spray cleaner to freshen them up. Baseboards collect dirt & dust, a wipe with a damp rag does the trick.
- Wash doors and frame, knobs and switch plates. These items get touched with dirty hands daily, if not hourly.
- Empty closets. Donate or chuck the stuff you don't need and clean the floor/carpet.
- Dust / clean the furniture. We have small kids at home, so we need to do this quarterly, otherwise plants start to grow between the cushions.
- For each drawer both kitchen and bedroom: remove items and washer the inside. Also wash the face of the cabinet or drawer.
- Move Bed. Sort and put away anything that was under bed. Sweep or vacuum under bed.
- Wash windows and window sills. Take out and wash window screens. Wash the blinds or curtains.
- Wash floor registers and other vent covers.
- Remove toilet seat and clean around seat bolts.
- Re-caulk if needed around toilets, sinks and tubs.
- Washing inside of washing machine and dyer.